Job Posting for: Panelized, Prefabricated Modular Construction Value Chain Map & Regulatory Scan
Job Title: Graduate Research Thesis Project / Research Project
Location: University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
Position Type: Full-Time Contract
Start Date: Summer 2023
Pay Rate: Competitive based on prior experience and education.
Hours of Work: Full-time and part-time
The Mass Timber Institute is a research institute located in the University of Toronto’s John H. Daniels Faculty of Landscape, Architecture, and Design. The Institute aims to position Canada as a global leader in sustainable mass timber research, education, development, and export by leveraging relationships between educators, researchers, industry, and Indigenous groups across Canada and internationally.
About the Project:
The project titled “Panelized, Prefabricated Modular Construction Value Chain Map & Regulatory Scan” is a multidisciplinary study integrating economy, engineering, wood science of mass timber, and solid wood in relation to the construction sector. The focus location of the study is Ontario and its innovation potential in business development and practice.
About the Position:
The candidate will work closely with the project’s Principal Investigator, Rasoul Yousefpour. The candidate will have access to the existing public data and will benefit from interactions with other lab members pursuing relevant studies as well as the ability to leverage the Mass Timber Institute’s wide network.
Responsibilities may include:
- Developing a databank utilizing access to public, economic, and company data sources.
- Developing the framework of innovation opportunities in the Panelized, Prefabricated Modular Construction value chain.
- Assessing the existing regulations and gaps.
- Business opportunities
Requirements and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will be one who is currently a graduate student looking to complete a master’s thesis with relevant post-secondary experience in the bio-economy, engineering, wood science, or forest economy. We will consider post-graduate applications with promising competencies and experience.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Quantitative skills e.g. statistical analysis and data management
- Projects development e.g. economy of the value chain, innovation management
Prior knowledge and experience in the following areas will be seen as an asset:
- Mass Timber / Solid wood sector knowledge
- Operations research
- Value chain assessment and evaluation techniques
- Construction with natural materials especially wood
- Prefabricated Modular Construction
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by May 20, 2023.